Talk to us about:
- Working Capital
- Asset Finance
- Term Loans
- Trade Finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Rural and seasonal Lending
- Project Finance
- ConstructionFinance / Development lending Tier 2 / Mezzanine
- Commercial Property / Investment Lending
- Subordinated Debt
- Non- bank lending alternatives
Intelligent Bank Management
- Financial negotiation of key facility terms, conditions, and security stucture
- Ways to improve cash management
- Review your banking package, facilities, transactional banking, and security structure
- Are you being priced right on margins, foreign exchange, line fees? we advocate on your behalf and know the tricks of the trade!
- Let us run your process, oversee Bank reporting and compliance monitoring
Improving your Bankability
- Communicating your business through a banker’s lens not an accountant’s one
- Independent credit assessments the Chaperon way
- Explaining your differentiators, and why your revenue and demand is sustainable
- Help identify and mitigate industry and business risks for your business
- Ensure both the funding and security structure are fit for purpose and cost efficient
- Benchmarking – comparing your metrics with others in the industry
- Balanced scorecard – measuring quantitative metrics over time
- Valuation, Project, and Investment Analysis to support the quality of your assets
- Demonstrate cashflow available to service interest and principal repayments
- Scenario forecasting including covenant compliance, breakeven analysis, and Value at Risk reporting
Understanding your Documents Terms and Commitments
- Is the loan structure, guaranteeing group, facility availability, conditions precedent and subsequent, subordination requirements, principal amortisation, and tenor right for you?
- What are the key commercial terms for negotiation and what is not negotiable?
- Is the security you provide appropriate?
- Is the security appropriate, priced correctly and if not, how can it be improved?
- Are the legal definitions fair and reasonable, particularly around pricing and financial covenant calculation?
- What Bank reporting requirements /negative undertakings / restrictions on running your business / distributing monies do you have?
- Are your Covenants appropriately set? – do you have sufficient headroom? Are they calculated correctly and make sense for your business?
- How can the bank terminate or enforce its security early – breach of loan conditions, potential or actual events of review and events of default? What are its assignment rights?
Questions to Ask?
Some common questions we can help independently answer and provide direction on include:
- Does your bank have excess security? What security is appropriate? What is the security price tradeoff?
- How much have bank funding costs really moved relative to what you are being told in your repricing discussion?
- What could be the impact be of regulatory changes from the likes of the Reserve Bank on your facility / lending margin? What are you being told versus reality?
- Can you prepay your facilities without early prepayment penalties?
- Do you really know what is in your bank documentation / term sheets?
- How are your margin and base rates determined?
- Have you got the right mix of facilities given your asset base and working capital requirements?
- Have you had a transactional banking audit and are the fees appropriate with the right products in place?
- Changing banks is painful, but how do you improve your ability to switch banks if you need to, and drive more competition for your business?
- Have you got the right line fee and margin mix?